You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New email account

I have an iPhone 12, current version 14.8.1.  I am currently using Outlook email (also updated today) and am not happy with it. I want to start using Apple Mail but I am having trouble setting it up. I downloaded the Mail app today and I want to use it to access my existing Apple iCloud email account. When I try to set up Mail to access my Apple iCloud email address  xxxxxxx@icloud.com I get an error message something like ‘cannot access through Secure Socket layer do you want to set up without Secure Socket’, same error if i try to set up with IMAP or POP. What does that mean and am I setting up Mail wrong?

Thanks

Chris am not happy with it. I want to start using Apple Mail but I am having trouble setting it up. I downloaded the Mail app today and I want to use Mail to access my existing Apple iCloud email account. When I try to set up Mail to access my Apple iCloud email address  xxxxxxx@icloud.com I get error message something like ‘cannot access through Secure Socket layer do I want to set up without Secure Socket’ What does that mean and am I setting up Mail wrong?

Thanks

Chris

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 10:49 AM

Hold on-I guess I got my answer. My email is now in my Mail app.

1 reply

New email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.