You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of iCloud account! HELP!!

My mother recently purchased a new iPad. She tried to set it up but has entered her password incorrectly too many times and has her iCloud account locked. We have tried to reset the password but it keeps coming back to needing access to her iCloud email. (Which we can't gain access to due to it being locked) Other than waiting two weeks to be able to reset the password (as that was what was mentioned on the website, we have no idea what else can be done. I suggested creating a new iCloud account just so she could use her iPad.

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:33 PM

Greyball29 Said:

"Locked out of iCloud account! HELP!!: My mother recently purchased a new iPad. She tried to set it up but has entered her password incorrectly too many times and has her iCloud account locked.[...]I suggested creating a new iCloud account just so she could use her iPad."

-------

Start Here: If you See a Message that Says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support. Apple Accounts often become locked due to security issues or suspicious activities such as VPN connections, simultaneous logins, unsuccessful login attempts, and more.

If that is unsuccessful, then...

Contact Apple Support

Have her call Apple Support directly and request assistance with her Apple Account. They’ll know what’s going on and why. Have her request to speak to Apple Store Staff for assistance with account recovery and password reset.

Contacting Apple:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:33 PM in response to Greyball29

Greyball29 Said:

"Locked out of iCloud account! HELP!!: My mother recently purchased a new iPad. She tried to set it up but has entered her password incorrectly too many times and has her iCloud account locked.[...]I suggested creating a new iCloud account just so she could use her iPad."

-------

Start Here: If you See a Message that Says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support. Apple Accounts often become locked due to security issues or suspicious activities such as VPN connections, simultaneous logins, unsuccessful login attempts, and more.

If that is unsuccessful, then...

Contact Apple Support

Have her call Apple Support directly and request assistance with her Apple Account. They’ll know what’s going on and why. Have her request to speak to Apple Store Staff for assistance with account recovery and password reset.

Contacting Apple:

Locked out of iCloud account! HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.