You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update after factory rest

I am trying to use an old iphone for my daughter just on wifi. It was reset to factory settings and I now cant get it to set up as it wants a update and is telling me to use apple support. What do I need to do. it wont let me past that screen

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:52 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2021 1:45 AM in response to jcascio29

Was the iPhone carrier locked?

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

Update after factory rest

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.