You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my reading list on my ninth generation ipad. I know how to go to safari to do that but it doesn’t delete the reading list

How do I delete my reading list on my ninth generation iPad. I know how to do it on safari but that doesn’t delete the reading list. Thanks

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:05 AM

Assuming that you have updated your iPad9 to iPadOS 15.1, first open the Safari sidebar - and open the Reading List.

With the Reading List visible, you can either individually delete saved articles (swipe to the left, then tap Delete) - or delete multiple items…

To delete multiple items from the Reading List, tap the Edit button at bottom-right of the sidebar. You can now select multiple items by tapping each item that you wish to select for deletion - or swipe your finger down the left-edge to rapidly select the list. When you have finished your selection, tap the Delete button at bottom-left of the sidebar.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2021 11:05 AM in response to ProvidencePaul

Assuming that you have updated your iPad9 to iPadOS 15.1, first open the Safari sidebar - and open the Reading List.

With the Reading List visible, you can either individually delete saved articles (swipe to the left, then tap Delete) - or delete multiple items…

To delete multiple items from the Reading List, tap the Edit button at bottom-right of the sidebar. You can now select multiple items by tapping each item that you wish to select for deletion - or swipe your finger down the left-edge to rapidly select the list. When you have finished your selection, tap the Delete button at bottom-left of the sidebar.

How do I delete my reading list on my ninth generation ipad. I know how to go to safari to do that but it doesn’t delete the reading list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.