You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Iphone 13 not syncing photos properly

My new iPhone 13 has photos synced that I don't want on the phone. I've run the "Stop syncing" and remove all photos a number of times but all the photos don't get removed from my phone. there are sporadic years dating back to 2002 which I can't take off the new phone. What should I do to start my photo album syncing fresh?

Thanks,

...mary

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:19 PM

I finally went on chat & worked my way up to third level support from Apple. That tech finally knew what she was doing. Had me do a variety of settings such as not sync photos at all, (which didn't erase the photos as expected), this gave her a clue that there was something wrong, not user error. She had me do a variety of clicking & unclicking & syncing with a variety of these settings and finally it all began to sync properly. It took a long time, hours in fact, while we waited through all the varieties of syncing. I don't know exactly which one worked, I think it was just a combination that worked around whatever bug was preventing the sync. Apple has the best customer support system. Even when I got disconnected between transfer from level one chat, to level two phone support, when I called back in, they picked up the case # & continued rather than having to start from scratch. All is well now & I'm syncing just the way I needed in the beginning but wasn't able to.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2021 7:19 PM in response to Ray and Rachel__

I finally went on chat & worked my way up to third level support from Apple. That tech finally knew what she was doing. Had me do a variety of settings such as not sync photos at all, (which didn't erase the photos as expected), this gave her a clue that there was something wrong, not user error. She had me do a variety of clicking & unclicking & syncing with a variety of these settings and finally it all began to sync properly. It took a long time, hours in fact, while we waited through all the varieties of syncing. I don't know exactly which one worked, I think it was just a combination that worked around whatever bug was preventing the sync. Apple has the best customer support system. Even when I got disconnected between transfer from level one chat, to level two phone support, when I called back in, they picked up the case # & continued rather than having to start from scratch. All is well now & I'm syncing just the way I needed in the beginning but wasn't able to.

Nov 6, 2021 8:04 AM in response to muguy

I don't use iCloud to store my photos since I would exceed my space limit & have to pay for storage. I used to use Itunes which has now morphed into another form of syncing. This syncing is not working as expected. When I connect my new iPhone 13 and ask it to not sync any photos & remove what's there, it leaves entire years of photos dating back 20 years that were never on my phone to begin with until the very first syncing when I bought it a month ago.

I want to remove those photos and then be able to only sync the albums of my choice including the videos of my choice.

Thanks,

...mary

New Iphone 13 not syncing photos properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.