You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i couldn't find my files to play recorded music form my windows computer

How could I find my music files already recorded in my windows system. I could see all the albums, but can not play the music. Received message " The song " Precious" couldn't br used because the original file count be found. Would you like to located it?

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 6:40 PM

This user tip may help you find your music files:

Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrad… - Apple Community

The basic troubleshooting tip is to use the file tab in the Get Info box for a song that can't be played. Note the file name (and the path where iTunes expects to find it). Then search your PC for that file name. If you find it copy that file to the folder on the path. Or redirect iTunes to use that folder location.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2021 6:40 PM in response to Aaaron27

This user tip may help you find your music files:

Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrad… - Apple Community

The basic troubleshooting tip is to use the file tab in the Get Info box for a song that can't be played. Note the file name (and the path where iTunes expects to find it). Then search your PC for that file name. If you find it copy that file to the folder on the path. Or redirect iTunes to use that folder location.

i couldn't find my files to play recorded music form my windows computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.