You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor System Failure during "Up to 4K" Video encode (Error 9074)

Sending video clips to compressor from Final Cut on Monterey, and getting failures around 2:20 (sometimes 2:19, sometimes 2:21) on almost everything. I thought it was a permission issue (per this thread https://discussions-cn-prz.apple.com/en/thread/252739550), but I'm still getting failures.

Restarted, rebuilt the queue, nothing seems to matter. I can re-run it and sometimes I'll get one more successful encoding, but generally not.

Any thoughts or tips would be great!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:59 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 7, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

That's working. I had issues with exporting before, so I never thought of trying that again.

Just odd that this suddenly started erroring out. It's worked fine for months. The only thing I can think of is Monterey. But it still works some of the time, which is just weird (even some of the same encoding batches fail sometimes and then work after retrying 7 or 8 times, or some files within the batch end up working, and some are just stubborn)

Nov 7, 2021 6:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

yeah, 4.6. It's not been great in Monterey. Lots of spinning beach ball action.

Thanks so much for this idea, Tom. Not only doe sit work, but it's MUCH faster than doing it Compressor. I'm surprised that the encoding speed would differ, or differ so much if it's using the same encoding settings (and I presume the same code and parts of the processor). Either way, you saved the day!

Can't wait for my new 14" MBP to come. This 2017 unit is struggling, but you made it a little less grueling for now!

Nov 8, 2021 9:42 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I've been having the same issue and using the "Import Compressor settings into FCP" and it's been working however for my work it's not very sustainable. I would rather not have a massive buildup of very specific and custom compressor settings in fcp. I understand I can remove them as I go but was wondering if there was anything I could do to properly fix the issue without waiting for a patch or another workaround.

If not, is it possible to know if it will be fixed with an update and how long that might be?

Compressor: 4.6

MacOS: Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

FCP: 10.6

iMac Pro 2017, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD, 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB

Compressor System Failure during "Up to 4K" Video encode (Error 9074)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.