You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing Monterey my clock disappeared from my computer screen

After installing Monterey my clock disappeared from the top right hand of my computer! How do I get it back???

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:51 AM

11 replies

Jan 23, 2022 11:52 AM in response to KrisATX

Follow Up Summary: I never found a fix. I created a new Admin user & "switched" to it.

After spending hours with Apple Support & my companies internal support there is no "fix".

My IT department had me create a new Admin user on my system & start using that instead.

• Your apps are all still there
  • But you have to tweak your settings, etc...

Nov 16, 2021 7:44 AM in response to rochbrann

Summary: System Preferences\Profiles - Uninstall/Re-install all profiles listed to potentially fix upgrade issues.

Details

My company has installed "Profiles" on my corporate owned MacBook Pro 16 2019.

Issue: The Menu Bar icons (Top Right) are not displaying properly after upgrading to Monterey.

My main frustration is that "Clock" (Date/Time) are not showing.

• Only 3 of the options under System Preferences\Dock & Menu Bar work as intended. (Spotlight, Siri, Time Machine)
  • For all other options toggling "Show in Menu Bar" has no affect.

Apple support: After many troubleshooting steps, they believe the issue has to do with the "Profiles" my company has installed.

• To prove this, I created a temporary Admin user. All Menu Bar functionality was normal when logged in as the new user.
  • My Recommended Fix: Contact my company's support and have them Uninstall/Re-Install all 27 profiles.

Hope this helps! (:

after installing Monterey my clock disappeared from my computer screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.