You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Sierra but I need sierra 10.12

I have Sierra but I need MacOs 10.1

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:41 AM

quickeys wrote:

Your footer here indicates you have High Sierra macOS 10.13. That is newer than Sierra macOS 10.12.

There are no downgrades to any earlier macOS version, short of erasing and reinstalling macOS and all apps. Files and databases and preferences do not necessarily revert easily, once accessed and used on newer versions.

If you need a version of macOS more recent than High Sierra macOS 10.13, you will need to verify your Mac can run that newer version, and then upgrade.

Info on older versions and a link to the current Monterey macOS 12 version are all available here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Have a complete and current backup prior to the upgrade.

If you upgrade past Mojave (10.14) to Catalina (macOS 10.15), Big Sur (macOS 11), or Monterey (macOS 12), all of your apps will need to be 64-bit. To find older 32-bit apps that will need to be updated, upgraded, replaced, or retired, you can use the Go64 tool. As an example of this need to update/upgrade/replace/retire older 32-bit apps, Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are all 32-bit apps, and will need to be updated to Office 2016 or later (Office 2021 and Office 365 subscriptions are current), or replaced with LibreOffice or Apple iWork or other tools.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2021 7:41 AM in response to quickeys

quickeys wrote:

Your footer here indicates you have High Sierra macOS 10.13. That is newer than Sierra macOS 10.12.

There are no downgrades to any earlier macOS version, short of erasing and reinstalling macOS and all apps. Files and databases and preferences do not necessarily revert easily, once accessed and used on newer versions.

If you need a version of macOS more recent than High Sierra macOS 10.13, you will need to verify your Mac can run that newer version, and then upgrade.

Info on older versions and a link to the current Monterey macOS 12 version are all available here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Have a complete and current backup prior to the upgrade.

If you upgrade past Mojave (10.14) to Catalina (macOS 10.15), Big Sur (macOS 11), or Monterey (macOS 12), all of your apps will need to be 64-bit. To find older 32-bit apps that will need to be updated, upgraded, replaced, or retired, you can use the Go64 tool. As an example of this need to update/upgrade/replace/retire older 32-bit apps, Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are all 32-bit apps, and will need to be updated to Office 2016 or later (Office 2021 and Office 365 subscriptions are current), or replaced with LibreOffice or Apple iWork or other tools.

Nov 8, 2021 7:18 AM in response to quickeys

Please, restart the question.

If one already has Sierra 10.12 does this computer qualify for Mac OS X 10.1 (code named Puma) is the second major release of macOS, Apple's desktop and server operating system. ... It was subsequently distributed to Mac users on October 25, 2001 at Apple Stores and other retail stores that carried Apple products.

I have Sierra but I need sierra 10.12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.