You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey compatibility with OpenOffice

I foolishly installed the latest MacOS Monterey without checking that it would be compatible with my apps. Previous upgrades have not caused me any problems, but for this OS I find that some developers have provided updates and others not. Does anyone have an idea of when it is likely that OpenOffice (now hosted by Apache) will be compatible with Monterey? Or is it a matter of trying to work out how to uninstall and downgrade back to the previous OS?

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 2:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 6:01 AM

Thanks Matti. Ctrl-clicking made no difference so I took your tip and downloaded LibreOffice. That gave me the same MacOS refusal to open, but nevertheless opened the app at the same time! Quite happy to be back with LO which I could not find when I first looked for OpenOffice on a Mac.

Similar questions

14 replies

Monterey compatibility with OpenOffice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.