You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID keeps signing in by itself

I have been using my Apple ID to download apps and games for my brother as he just got his own iPad and hasn’t got an Apple ID yet. Every time I use it on his iPad, I sign out. Yet every time I go to use it again, it’s already signed in! How do I stop this?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:57 AM

It only takes a minute or two to create an Apple ID. A lot of this would be moot if her got his own ASAP.

Click here to see how to 'Create an Apple ID' = create an Apple Account. --> https://support.apple.com/HT204316

2 replies

Nov 9, 2021 10:17 AM in response to aston114

You realize now that your brother will need to sign his AppleID out when he needs to update the apps you've installed with your Appleid, and then sign in with your AppleID so he can update those apps. And he can only change AppleIDs in the App Store once every 90 days.

Doing the setup the way you've done it is creating a maintenance nightmare from now on for him on his iPad.

As mentioned, it takes all of a couple of minutes to create an AppleID from a web browser on any platform.

My Apple ID keeps signing in by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.