You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Title Inspector Pane Visible

Version 10.5.4

Clicking on the Title Inspector Button in the upper left opens a blank sidebar. I cannot keyframe anything. See attached screenshot.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 2:40 AM

The application and its keystone components run actively whenever they’re loaded, flooding video toolboxes and seizing system resources. Those components frequently damage pro applications. They are often a cause of problems. If you don’t want to try it don’t. I offered a suggestion that has been helpful to others with similar issues, and I believe that unusual one specifically a few months ago. It may not work, in which case you can simply reinstall Chrome.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2021 2:40 AM in response to budoman

The application and its keystone components run actively whenever they’re loaded, flooding video toolboxes and seizing system resources. Those components frequently damage pro applications. They are often a cause of problems. If you don’t want to try it don’t. I offered a suggestion that has been helpful to others with similar issues, and I believe that unusual one specifically a few months ago. It may not work, in which case you can simply reinstall Chrome.

Nov 10, 2021 6:05 PM in response to budoman

If this is FCP 10.5.4 and you've reset your prefs (holding command and option while launching), then post an EtreCheck report. Click the "Additional text" button below and paste. Make sure to give Etrecheck full disk access.

You could also drag FCP into the trash (but don't empty it), launch the AppStore app and login with the AppleID you used to purchase FCP, click your name at the bottom left and re-download FCP. The latest version for Catalina is 10.5.4, which is what you want. 10.6 has some problems so don't upgrade to it yet.

Nov 11, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I appreciate the suggestion. It is often the most overlooked or insignificant thing that causes an issue. For example, I was having a problem launching Photoshop and Illustrator after the latest updates. They would just hang. Turned out to be one font that was activated that was causing the issue. Turned off all my fonts and then systematically activated them until I tracked down the culprit. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Just as an aside. What browser would you recommend instead of Chrome? I can't always use Safari in web development due to some incompatibilities or security layer issues.

Nov 29, 2021 9:42 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to let you know that I followed your suggestions to remove and redownload FCPX and completely remove Chrome. Not sure which of those two (perhaps both) solved the issue, but all is right with the universe again. Thanks very much. I'm curious to see how many other issues go away in the aftermath of removing Chrome.

No Title Inspector Pane Visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.