You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call forwarding

I forward my on call work phone to my personal cell. Is there a way to differentiate between the call forwarded calls and my personal calls by using separate ring tones?

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Hello Hacks2021,

It sounds like you have calls forwarded to your iPhone and want those calls to have a different ring tone. Here's some information that can help:

Your iPhone can only set different ringtones for different phone numbers. It cannot distinguish if the call is being forwarded from another line. If you want to set a ringtone for certain contacts check out Select ringtones and vibrations on iPhone.

Alternatively, you can look into third-party apps and programs as well. While we are unable to endorse or recommend a product or assuming any responsibility for its performance, if you are looking at apps in the App Store, use chart position, ratings and reviews, and even the Editors’ Choice Badge to assist in making your decision. Learn more about the App Store here App Store - Apple

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Hacks2021

Hello Hacks2021,

It sounds like you have calls forwarded to your iPhone and want those calls to have a different ring tone. Here's some information that can help:

Your iPhone can only set different ringtones for different phone numbers. It cannot distinguish if the call is being forwarded from another line. If you want to set a ringtone for certain contacts check out Select ringtones and vibrations on iPhone.

Alternatively, you can look into third-party apps and programs as well. While we are unable to endorse or recommend a product or assuming any responsibility for its performance, if you are looking at apps in the App Store, use chart position, ratings and reviews, and even the Editors’ Choice Badge to assist in making your decision. Learn more about the App Store here App Store - Apple

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Call forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.