You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my HPEnvy6234 to connect to my IMac using Montery Ver 12.01.01

I cannot get my HPEnvy6234 printer to connect to my IMac using Monterey Ver 12.01.01 software

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 9:40 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2021 10:07 AM in response to Chrisl-007

The HP Envy Photo 6234 is supported natively by Apple's built-in AirPrint, provided the device is networked (Ethernet/Wi-Fi). If this is the connectivity case, and you have the device powered on, then visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on the Envy 6234 entry, and choose Reset Printing system… On Monterey, this will clear the Printers list, and you will need to click the [+] button to get a new Add Printer panel showing that Apple's Bonjour has discovered your device — provided you are using the first Add Printer toolbar item.

On that panel, there will be a Use selector. On older versions of macOS, this used to clearly display AirPrint among the possible choices, but in Monterey, it uses Auto-Select, and your Use selection will show the same string as the Bonjour discovered device. Do not explicitly select any HP Envy printer driver here. Click Add. Once the device has been added back to the Printers & Scanners panel, you should see -AirPrint appended to the device description name. Time for a test print. By default, Apple's Image Capture should serve as the scanning application.

On the other hand, if you prefer a USB cabled connection, then you will need to try your luck with HP's October 2021 HP Easy Start update. That link opens a macOS 10.15 page, which has firmware fixes, and the HP Easy Start driver on that page is identical to the one HP offers for macOS 12. Once downloaded and installed, run HP Easy Start, see if it will get the driver support for the device. You will need to perform the Reset printing system… again, but this time choose an explicit HP driver for the Envy 6234.

There is no assurance that if your iMac is an M1 iMac, that the previous paragraph will result in a working device. Your mileage may vary.

I cannot get my HPEnvy6234 to connect to my IMac using Montery Ver 12.01.01

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.