You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music that I cannot play

How can I not play music in my playlist but could play it by going to the individual artists page? What’s going on with Apple today?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 1:23 PM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Kenisher

Hi there Kenisher,

We understand that you are unable to play certain songs in your playlists but they play without issue on the Artist’s page. Let’s look into this together. 

To confirm, are you using Apple Music? If so and these songs are grayed out in your playlists, follow the steps here:

If your songs are grayed out

If something else is happening, please provide more details and if you get an error message of some kind.

Cheers!

Nov 13, 2021 1:55 PM in response to Kenisher

Kenisher Said:

"I loss all my music so that wasn’t helpful"

-------

Was this iTunes Music?:

If this was music you purchased from the iTunes Store, then contact Apple Support. They will look into this, and will run you through the fix. Just know that sometimes, items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never becomes accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio. That's just the way it is :(

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Music that I cannot play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.