You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Touch ID not available at all in 27" Intel-processor iMac??

Just unboxed my new iMac, which is Intel-based. Although it came with a Magic Keyboard WITH Touch ID sensor button, there is no Touch ID option to set up in System Preferences. Have they done away with Touch ID for this computer model? What's the deal?? Thanks to anyone for helping!!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Thanks so much for the info, and Yes I did purchase it new from Apple, and Yes it did come with Magic Keyboard WITH Touch ID button. Whatever.

I am astounded they would remove such a useful and popular feature from these computers, which cost a lot more than the silicon-based M1s. It seems random and counterintuitive to me, and really frustrating.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2021 10:48 PM in response to Jack-19

Thanks so much for the info, and Yes I did purchase it new from Apple, and Yes it did come with Magic Keyboard WITH Touch ID button. Whatever.

I am astounded they would remove such a useful and popular feature from these computers, which cost a lot more than the silicon-based M1s. It seems random and counterintuitive to me, and really frustrating.

Is Touch ID not available at all in 27" Intel-processor iMac??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.