You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Wi-Fi

My wife’s iPhone 6S can’t connect to the Wi-Fi 

When I go to sittings, Wi-Fi , connect, my network appears ( the signal is very weak ) , when I click it,  and put the the password, it gives error ( the password is wrong or unable to Join the network )

I did reset the network, always  the same

All other devices  connected and works properly

Any help

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 3:22 AM

See this Apple articles below:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

See this Apple article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068

10 replies

Nov 14, 2021 3:49 AM in response to mostakari

Is there a blue checkmark next to the Wi-Fi network on iPhone 6S?

On the iPhone 6S, try enabling the Wi-Fi assistant.

Go to Settings -> Mobile network (Mobile Data)

Then scroll down to Wi-Fi assistance. -> turn ON.

You should go through that second article again, such as MAC address filtering, authentication, access control, Channel & Channel width.

Nov 15, 2021 1:35 AM in response to Raicya

Wi-Fi assistant was enabled.

( You should go through that second article again, such as MAC address filtering, authentication, access control, Channel & Channel width. )

how to know if that data are correct or not ?

the problem is, Next to the router, the signal is good, the farther it is, it weakens, up to three to four meters, I lose it.

any help

Nov 15, 2021 2:34 AM in response to mostakari

mostakari wrote:

how to know if that data are correct or not ?
the problem is, Next to the router, the signal is good, the farther it is, it weakens, up to three to four meters, I lose it.

That depends on the router you use, and how it is set up, for example, is Channel width -> set to Auto?

and put the the password, it gives error ( the password is wrong or unable to Join the network )

The Wi-Fi network name is the name your network, and has a password, the iPhone 6S must use the same password.

A question:

Has hotspot been turned on by accident? If so, the iPhone 6 uses other existing devices as a hotspot, piggybacking to get a connection. And that may explain why the Wi-Fi is weak, if it is too far from the route and/or other devices.

Problem with Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.