You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and Homekit

I am attempting to connect my home kit app on my phone to the Apple TV. The app says that you can make a 4th generation or later the hun of a home kit however mine is showing me the following message “airplay 2 and HomeKit require an iCloud account”

yes I have signed into my one and only Apple ID on the home kit and the Apple TV. I have an Apple TV 4K

…this is driving me crazy.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 5:07 AM

See this support document for tips and suggestions: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

If the issue persists after reviewing the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2021 5:07 AM in response to Lewis2021

See this support document for tips and suggestions: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

If the issue persists after reviewing the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV and Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.