You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card files aren’t being read

Hello,

so I just had my 2020 MacBook Pro and I’m having a trouble trying to open my Canon camera SD card files on my mac. I’m using a special usb from apple for sd card reading and my mac is reading the sd card. BUT whenever I’m clicking on the files it is showing “ the following disk images couldn’t be opened “ “ no mountable file systems “. Anyone knows how to fix this problem??

Appreciate the help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 6:15 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 13, 2021 6:55 AM in response to Jouja

Jouja wrote:

Hello,
so I just had my 2020 MacBook Pro and I’m having a trouble trying to open my Canon camera SD card files on my mac. I’m using a special usb from apple for sd card reading and my mac is reading the sd card. BUT whenever I’m clicking on the files it is showing “ the following disk images couldn’t be opened “ “ no mountable file systems “. Anyone knows how to fix this problem??

Appreciate the help

Try reformatting the SDCards using your Camera and compare your results..

Try a different card reader if you are suspect— sold at most office supply stores

The new Macs are back to having internal SDcard readers....

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

SD card files aren’t being read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.