You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 10.13.6 Compatible with iOS 15 ?

I have a mid-2010 iMac and cannot upgrade the MacOS beyond 10.13.6. My iPhone and iPad are running iOS 14.8. I’m afraid to upgrade my iOS devices for fear that functions on the Mac will break.

Does anyone know if there are known incompatibilities between High Sierra and iOS 15?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 5:55 AM

Thanks for the response. iTunes and Mac OS updates have stopped for my mid-2010 iMac. My Mac OS is frozen by Apple at High Sierra 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.0.

Quite a while back (> 1 yr), iTunes has not allowed me to download and install iOS a updates while my iPad is connected by wire to the iMac. It gives an incompatible message when I select the update button in iTunes. I’ve don all my iOS updates on the devices themselves while not connected by wire to the iMac.

Just want to be sure if I update my idevices to iOS 15, that I won’t end up with an iMac that doesn’t sync and operate properly with apps synced to my iCloud account.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2021 5:55 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for the response. iTunes and Mac OS updates have stopped for my mid-2010 iMac. My Mac OS is frozen by Apple at High Sierra 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.0.

Quite a while back (> 1 yr), iTunes has not allowed me to download and install iOS a updates while my iPad is connected by wire to the iMac. It gives an incompatible message when I select the update button in iTunes. I’ve don all my iOS updates on the devices themselves while not connected by wire to the iMac.

Just want to be sure if I update my idevices to iOS 15, that I won’t end up with an iMac that doesn’t sync and operate properly with apps synced to my iCloud account.

Mac OS 10.13.6 Compatible with iOS 15 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.