You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message alert

I do not receive an alert sound on my phone when I get a text message. I am currently using an iPhone 13, but it also didn't work on my XR.

I checked all settings and they are on.

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 12:12 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2021 11:05 AM in response to irwinfromlincoln

Hello irwinfromlincoln,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re not receiving audible alerts for messages. We are happy to help.

Please use the steps here to ensure that Do Not Disturb is not enabled: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support We also recommend the steps in the section titled “Ring/Silent” to make sure the switch is set to ring here: Use the side, Home, and other buttons on your iPhone - Apple Support

Here’s additional information on changing the sounds here: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Text message alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.