You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Upgrade won't complete the install

I have an iMAC 21.5" late 2015 running macOS Big Sur version 11.6. The processor is a 2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i5. I have tried to install the Monterey upgrade but it has stalled at 6 minutes to complete twice.

After the first stall I tried again but the result was the same the second time. Is there something that I can do or is this iMAC too old for the latest Monterey upgrade ?

That you for your help in this matter.

Brudduh

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 1:30 PM

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Finder > Go > Applications, and look for the "Install macOS Monterey" App.
  2. Drag it to the Trash & Empty the Trash.
  3. Restart your Mac into Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.
  4. Restart back into normal mode.
  5. See: Upgrade to macOS Monterey - Official Apple Support and How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Cheers,

Jack

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Brudduh

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Finder > Go > Applications, and look for the "Install macOS Monterey" App.
  2. Drag it to the Trash & Empty the Trash.
  3. Restart your Mac into Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.
  4. Restart back into normal mode.
  5. See: Upgrade to macOS Monterey - Official Apple Support and How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Cheers,

Jack

Monterey Upgrade won't complete the install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.