You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking files to a text cell in numbers

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple spreadsheet in numbers and need to be able to link to a file on my iCloud driver. In detail, I am trying to create an expense report which may look something like this:

Date Expense Name Description Total Receipt My Portion Reimbursed

11/14  Coffee House Coffee w/Tim $10.00 $5.00 No

What I would like to do is take a picture of the receipt, save it in my iCloud Drive and then add a link to it in the 'Expense Name' column so that if the receipt needs to be viewed you can just click the link and there it is.

On a PC with excel, you would just right click the cell select the link option and then go find your file and hit return. I can't seem to figure this process out on my MACair with Numbers.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 5:31 PM

In Numbers you can't link to a file in the file system. But you can link to a webpage. So you could store images of receipts in Dropbox or another service that allows you to Copy Link and add that to a cell as a webpage link. You can then click the link to bring up the image.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2021 5:31 PM in response to RSER

In Numbers you can't link to a file in the file system. But you can link to a webpage. So you could store images of receipts in Dropbox or another service that allows you to Copy Link and add that to a cell as a webpage link. You can then click the link to bring up the image.

SG

Linking files to a text cell in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.