You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I back up my iPhone when the screen is damaged and I can’t unlock the phone?

How can Iback up my phone if the screen is damaged and I can’t unlock it?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 6:33 AM

You cannot now. Making an iTunes or iCloud manual backup requires a functional display. Hopefully you’ve been using automatic iCloud backups so your data backup is up to date.

Apple may be able to replace the display without any data loss. They just cannot guarantee there will not be any data loss though.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2021 6:33 AM in response to cb15

You cannot now. Making an iTunes or iCloud manual backup requires a functional display. Hopefully you’ve been using automatic iCloud backups so your data backup is up to date.

Apple may be able to replace the display without any data loss. They just cannot guarantee there will not be any data loss though.

How can I back up my iPhone when the screen is damaged and I can’t unlock the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.