You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect 2 macs to one thunderbolt monitor

I have a thunderbolt monitor. I use a Mac Pro computer. I would like to connect a new Mac mini to the same monitor, as well as continuing to use the Mac Pro. Is this possible?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 7:29 AM

Mike Bellamy7 wrote:

I have a thunderbolt monitor. I use a Mac Pro computer. I would like to connect a new Mac mini to the same monitor, as well as continuing to use the Mac Pro. Is this possible?

Not without plugging and unplugging devices. There are no magic Thunderbolt switches.

If you do not need the full scale resolution for the Mini and if the things you want to do on the Mini are not graphics intensive, you could use Screen Sharing to view the Mini on the MacPro. Best performance will be via ethernet unless you have one of the new ludicrous speed WiFi routers.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2021 7:29 AM in response to Mike Bellamy7

Mike Bellamy7 wrote:

Not without plugging and unplugging devices. There are no magic Thunderbolt switches.

If you do not need the full scale resolution for the Mini and if the things you want to do on the Mini are not graphics intensive, you could use Screen Sharing to view the Mini on the MacPro. Best performance will be via ethernet unless you have one of the new ludicrous speed WiFi routers.

connect 2 macs to one thunderbolt monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.