You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail.app search is broken since Monterey upgrade

Hi all,

I don't see all expected mail pop up in the search list, when searching based on keywords (even searching 'all message content'). This started after my Monterey upgrade a couple of days ago.

I've executed:

• Mail.app's own Menu > Mailbox > Rebuild
  • The 'mail.app shift restart shift reboot' sequence (see ref)

Both with no luck. This is a terrible functionality to miss in my workflow 😥️

Anybody with tips or suffering the same, glad to hear from you 🙏️✌️

Regards,

Gerard.

ref: https://www.macobserver.com/tips/how-to/fixing-broken-mail-search-macos/

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 1:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:08 AM

I've completely removed the account via system preferences > accounts. Removing and choosing: 'remove account everywhere' (which then also includes, calendar and other items). Then after re-adding and re-downloading 60K messages my search results are back. 😅️

Thanks again for your help Barney! 🙏️

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2021 3:08 AM in response to gerardjp

I've completely removed the account via system preferences > accounts. Removing and choosing: 'remove account everywhere' (which then also includes, calendar and other items). Then after re-adding and re-downloading 60K messages my search results are back. 😅️

Thanks again for your help Barney! 🙏️

Nov 18, 2021 11:24 PM in response to Barney-15E

I've tried to find some mail threads. Can't find them on sender(s), subject or content keywords. Oh, and the mails do exist because I can see them in my inbox.

Not that I want to, but maybe I'll try to completely remove the account and re-add it. Any pointers on removing old cache or folders as well, before re-adding the account(s)?

Thanks!

mail.app search is broken since Monterey upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.