You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most of my NOTES Disappeared

I just discovered I have lost all my "Notes" except for (3) of my most recent. I don't know if this has something to do with the latest update to Monterey 12.0.1. I'm also missing some of my Bookmarks? I want the Notes back! They are not in the Cloud under Recently deleted, I only see the most recent. I have tried going back in Time Machine to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes a couple of months but when I restore nothing happens? My machine is only a couple of months old. Is there any other recourse?

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 5:33 AM

brucefromlimerick wrote:

I just discovered I have lost all my "Notes" except for (3) of my most recent. I don't know if this has something to do with the latest update to Monterey 12.0.1. I'm also missing some of my Bookmarks? I want the Notes back! They are not in the Cloud under Recently deleted, I only see the most recent. I have tried going back in Time Machine to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes a couple of months but when I restore nothing happens? My machine is only a couple of months old. Is there any other recourse?

If this is a sync issue you can sign out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2021 5:33 AM in response to brucefromlimerick

brucefromlimerick wrote:

If this is a sync issue you can sign out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Most of my NOTES Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.