You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos: importing from SD card

G-D'it... Photos sees the SD card ...and the photos stream out for import. Other, random times, Photo sees the SD card, but will not display the photos for import. One camera will work and another day, not. I have switched SD readers to no avail.

Perhaps there is another import program you can recommend? I find Photos quick and easy - 'till it is not! ('latest software upgrades on all my devices) Thanks.

Jim.

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 6:22 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Jim Cancil

Thanks, Keith... That works but is kinda kludgy to add the extra steps. (I didn't understand Image Capture...)

I used Photoshop years ago, then Affinity Photo ...but then said 'screw it'; I don't need some notion of perfection - just clean photos!

I'll do reformatting to see if that clears it up... Of the three digital cams I use, they just recently have been doing this on/off when I attempt to use Photos?

Thanks again. Jim

Photos: importing from SD card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.