You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn't work in macOS monterey

Recently my safari has not been working. Whenever I try to access a website it shows safari's built in error page without css, displaying either "“The operation couldn’t be completed. (kNWErrorDomainPOSIX error 100 - Protocol error)” (kNWErrorDomainPOSIX:100)" or "“WebKit encountered an internal error” (WebKitErrorDomain:300)." In the console it shows "[Error] Failed to load resource: WebKit encountered an internal error (safari-resource://page-load-errors.css)" which explains why there's no css. Chrome, however, works perfectly as does curl and the help viewer which uses webkit. It works on other devices that are on the same network as well as other accounts on the same computer. My network has a filter on it which could be the problem, but if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. I'm using macOS monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) on an Intel macbook pro. Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 9:28 AM

Hello oren1357,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you are unable to open Safari pages on your Mac. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected. If the issues persist, we advise reaching out to your network administrator to make sure the pages are allowed on the network.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2021 9:28 AM in response to oren1357

Hello oren1357,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you are unable to open Safari pages on your Mac. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected. If the issues persist, we advise reaching out to your network administrator to make sure the pages are allowed on the network.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Safari doesn't work in macOS monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.