You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my HomePod mini on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network?

How do I use my HomePod mini (HPm) on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network?

One of my HPm's works just fine...two others are not responding. Does anyone have solid knowledge/understanding about using HPm's on an 802.1x network. Apple's dox are two years old and don't seem to include a HPm.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Hello Lev,

We see you're wanting to know if your HomePod mini is compatible with an 802.1X Wi-Fi network. We'd be happy to help!

The resource linked above shares information on using your HomePod and HomePod mini on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network.

If you're HomePod minis are being unresponsive, you can check out the following resource for guidance on what to do: If HomePod isn't responding.

We hope this helps!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2021 10:20 AM in response to Lev Ramder

Hello Lev,

We see you're wanting to know if your HomePod mini is compatible with an 802.1X Wi-Fi network. We'd be happy to help!

The resource linked above shares information on using your HomePod and HomePod mini on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network.

If you're HomePod minis are being unresponsive, you can check out the following resource for guidance on what to do: If HomePod isn't responding.

We hope this helps!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Nov 18, 2021 3:37 PM in response to M_Alva523

I'm experiencing a HomePod mini which is not reliably connecting to my home network. My network does not have a captive portal or any sort of subscription requirement. It is set up to use 802.1X access control and my iPhone connects to it quite nicely. Of course, my iPhone must provide a verifiable user name and password prior to gaining access and I assumed that, behind the magic curtain, the iPhone would talk to the HomePod mini and inform it of the credentials. Perhaps not on the HomePod mini?

:-(

How do I use my HomePod mini on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.