You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE STORAGE - SYSTEM DATA

I have upgraded to an iphone 12 mini 64gb from an ipone 8 64gb and just completed the transfer of all my data across to the new phone.

My new ipone is struggling with being near total capacity and when I have looked at the breakdown of storage in settings I can see that over 1/3 of the storage is 'SYSTEM DATA' in light grey colour.

What is this? Can I clear this?

If anyone could advise me that would be much appreciated as I have not had any luck with googling.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Hello absaurus,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your iPhone storage. We will be happy to assist you.

If you haven't already, have you followed the steps in this article to optimize storage on your iPhone?

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, have you updated your device?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know, we are standing by

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2021 11:25 AM in response to absaurus

Hello absaurus,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your iPhone storage. We will be happy to assist you.

If you haven't already, have you followed the steps in this article to optimize storage on your iPhone?

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, have you updated your device?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know, we are standing by

Cheers!

IPHONE STORAGE - SYSTEM DATA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.