You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch not working near screen edges

Hi!

I bought a new iPhone 13 and I am experiencing problems with touch not working at the edge of the screen. Keys at the most rich part of my keyboard are not reacting to touch, buttons or other stuff at the edge of the screen also are not reacting to touch.

I have updated to the last iOS version, disabled all “accessibility options”, tried resetting the keyboard, restarted and so on… nothing helps.

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:38 AM

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion but I already tried that and other suggestions like restarting the Phone. I also have the latest IOS version (15.1.1).

I really would like to know if this is a software problem that will get fixed in a next update of iOS or if it’s a hardware problem so I can return the iPhone under warranty.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:38 AM in response to AnnieL2

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion but I already tried that and other suggestions like restarting the Phone. I also have the latest IOS version (15.1.1).

I really would like to know if this is a software problem that will get fixed in a next update of iOS or if it’s a hardware problem so I can return the iPhone under warranty.

Nov 22, 2021 9:10 AM in response to AnnieL2

Hello!

I did the tests;

• I experience no problem with the calculator in landscape mode, all “buttons” are work as expected;
  • In the notes test you can clearly see that you when drawing a line in portrait mode from edge to edge, the line stops drawing 1cm from the edge

If I instead of tapping the keys that don’t work, “stroke” them then I can get that key to work. If I set the display to “Zoomed” in Settings than the above “workaround” works better.

Not something you would expect when paying 900€ on a phone…

Nov 22, 2021 3:07 PM in response to iPhone13_notouchy

iPhone13_notouchy, 

We can see that on the right side there it seems to be pretty consistent where the drawn lines stop.

Since this is impacting multiple apps, we're going to suggest you connect with an Apple authorized service tech to have the device looked at more.

You can use the following link to find the available options for your region or if the Apple Support app is available in your region that would be a good source for this information as well. iPhone Repair

Should you want to work directly with Apple to look at those options, here's a link to connect - Contact Apple Support.

Thank you.

Nov 21, 2021 2:42 PM in response to iPhone13_notouchy

iPhone13_notouchy, 

We can make some suggestions on how to further isolate this situation. 

First, in the Calculator app, please turn your iPhone landscape and, focusing on the side that you notice issues, tap the buttons in the two columns on that side of the screen. Make note of any keys that aren’t working. 

You can also use the Notes app. Create a new note, select the Handwriting Tools button and the pen tool. Then draw vertical and horizontal lines that are 1 cm/0.5 inches apart. Do you notice any areas where you’re unable to tap or draw? 

Thanks. 

Touch not working near screen edges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.