You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop issue

Since updating ios15.1 air drop and bluetooth is not working

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:31 PM

After testing this with a photo from my Mac to my iPhone successfully, I know it's not a software issue.

Check for software updates on both your Mac and iPhone.

If not, then try the following:

1. Try plugging your iPhone into your Mac with a Lightning to USB cable before AirDropping
  2. Try turning Bluetooth off on your Mac (don't worry about your keyboard and mouse/trackpad because it should auto-on immediately, then try again
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2021 11:31 PM in response to Random827

After testing this with a photo from my Mac to my iPhone successfully, I know it's not a software issue.

Check for software updates on both your Mac and iPhone.

If not, then try the following:

1. Try plugging your iPhone into your Mac with a Lightning to USB cable before AirDropping
  2. Try turning Bluetooth off on your Mac (don't worry about your keyboard and mouse/trackpad because it should auto-on immediately, then try again

Airdrop issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.