You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Bluetooth problems.

Since installing Monterey, Bluetooth no longer connects to my external speakers. I can't reset bluetooth as the shift+option no longer shows 'reset' in the dropdown menu and when I try 'sudo pkill bluetoothd' in Terminal, I'm unable to type my password. Is all this the result of installing Monterey or am I doing something wrong?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:23 AM

4 replies

Nov 19, 2021 9:03 AM in response to Garmsci

Garmsci wrote:

Since installing Monterey, Bluetooth no longer connects to my external speakers. I can't reset bluetooth as the shift+option no longer shows 'reset' in the dropdown menu and when I try 'sudo pkill bluetoothd' in Terminal, I'm unable to type my password. Is all this the result of installing Monterey or am I doing something wrong?

I would encourage you to file a bug report, using this same link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Monterey Bluetooth problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.