You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate Apple ID on additional iPhone

I currently have an iPhone XR set up with an Apple ID (of course). I just purchased an iPhone SE 2nd Generation for another family member in the same household. I'm sure (hoping, that is) that there is no way these phones are related so that when a new Apple ID is created for the new phone my Apple ID will be affected, right? I mean, just because I purchased the SE and had it mailed to me doesn't mean that creating the new phone's Apple ID will somehow screw up mine will it?

I know this is stupid, stupid, stupid, but I'm a handwringer when it comes to this stuff.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 6:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 7:17 PM

bpgf Said:

"Separate Apple ID on additional iPhone: [...]I'm sure (hoping, that is) that there is no way these phones are related so that when a new Apple ID is created for the new phone my Apple ID will be affected, right?[...]"

-------

Getting this to be YOUR iPhone:

The only way to get this to be inoperable with your account is for the person currently signed in on it, to sign themselves out of it, as if they were to sell it. Have the family member use this link, prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2021 7:17 PM in response to bpgf

bpgf Said:

"Separate Apple ID on additional iPhone: [...]I'm sure (hoping, that is) that there is no way these phones are related so that when a new Apple ID is created for the new phone my Apple ID will be affected, right?[...]"

-------

Getting this to be YOUR iPhone:

The only way to get this to be inoperable with your account is for the person currently signed in on it, to sign themselves out of it, as if they were to sell it. Have the family member use this link, prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Separate Apple ID on additional iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.