You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News

I thought I had a free subscription to Apple News when I bought my new iMac in April 2021. How do I find out if this is accurate?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:12 AM

How do you know you don't? If you got the free 1 month subscription, News will tell you when you need to pay. Or if you supplied a Credit Card number when you signed up, it's likely the free sub will roll over to a paid sub when the time comes; check your credit card balance to see.

Is it working now? If not, either you didn't get a subscription or the free month is over and there was no rollover. But, I'm just guessing based on how I know other free time period offers work.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:12 AM in response to pkcid

How do you know you don't? If you got the free 1 month subscription, News will tell you when you need to pay. Or if you supplied a Credit Card number when you signed up, it's likely the free sub will roll over to a paid sub when the time comes; check your credit card balance to see.

Is it working now? If not, either you didn't get a subscription or the free month is over and there was no rollover. But, I'm just guessing based on how I know other free time period offers work.

Apple News

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.