You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade of os for late 2015 macbook air

I have a late 2015 Macbook Air 2.2GHz Core i7 processor 8 GB memory running OS 10.12.6. What are my options to upgrade the OS? The App store lists no updates available.

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:03 AM

The model year of a MacBook Air is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2013 and early 2014 can be upgraded to the current version of Big Sur but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Monterey. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:03 AM in response to sksmith

The model year of a MacBook Air is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2013 and early 2014 can be upgraded to the current version of Big Sur but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Monterey. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Upgrade of os for late 2015 macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.