You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

top menu bar missing in Monterey

Running Monterey 12.0 on a brand new MacBook Pro (14", M1 Pro) and the top menu bar keeps disappearing. It appears if I re-start the computer, but inevitably--usually a few hours later--it won't drop down when I move my mouse to the top of the screen. Haven't changed any settings or done anything that might change the display area, etc., so I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 7:23 AM

Tarquin Tar wrote:

Running Monterey 12.0 on a brand new MacBook Pro (14", M1 Pro) and the top menu bar keeps disappearing. It appears if I re-start the computer, but inevitably--usually a few hours later--it won't drop down when I move my mouse to the top of the screen. Haven't changed any settings or done anything that might change the display area, etc., so I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas?

hmmm..

try SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

then reboot as normal to test.

make some change and come back to your preferred settings

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Tarquin Tar

Tarquin Tar wrote:

hmmm..

try SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

then reboot as normal to test.

make some change and come back to your preferred settings

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac - Apple Support

top menu bar missing in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.