You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not receiving text messages on my iPad Pro. They appear on my phone but not iPad.

I cannot get text messages on my iPad Pro. I receive them on my phone but suddenly not on iPad Pro. What’s going on?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:24 PM

Check the settings for Text Message Forwarding. If it is on, then remove the iPad Pro from the devices, then restart the iPhone and iPad, then go back into the iPhone and turn on Text Message forwarding for the iPad. How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2021 5:24 PM in response to WRladyhelp

Check the settings for Text Message Forwarding. If it is on, then remove the iPad Pro from the devices, then restart the iPhone and iPad, then go back into the iPhone and turn on Text Message forwarding for the iPad. How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Dec 18, 2021 1:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for response. Answer to all questions is Yes. Another quirk just noticed. I tried to send a text from the iPad , after3 minutes of trying it says Not Delivered. But the recipient received it, and the text shows as sent on iPhone. The recipient responded and I got his response on the iPhone, but not on the iPad.

I am on IOS 15.2 on iPad , but still on IOS 14.8.1on iPhone. Reluctant to update iPhone after reading about trouble with 15 upgrade.

I am not receiving text messages on my iPad Pro. They appear on my phone but not iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.