You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please tell me how to reset my iPad Air now that Big Sur is installed on my MacBookPro?

Please tell me how to reset my iPad Air now that Big Sur is installed on my MacBookPro?

Family member kept trying wrong password on my iPad and now it says iPad is disabled connect to iTunes. It will not do anything. I have tried to get it to show in Finder on my MacBook but it will not show.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 9:59 PM

Hi, you could try putting your iPad in DFU mode (Device Firmware Update) this should let you restore your iPad using the finder app

1. Plug the iPad into your Mac
  2. Launch Finder on the Mac
  3. Hold down the Power button and the Home button on your iPad at the same time
  4. Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
  5. After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
  6. Finder will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.

Your iPad screen should remain Black if you see the Apple logo DFU mode hasn’t worked and you will have to try the process again.

It should now allow you to restore your iPad .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2021 9:59 PM in response to JJJ-LA

Hi, you could try putting your iPad in DFU mode (Device Firmware Update) this should let you restore your iPad using the finder app

1. Plug the iPad into your Mac
  2. Launch Finder on the Mac
  3. Hold down the Power button and the Home button on your iPad at the same time
  4. Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
  5. After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
  6. Finder will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.

Your iPad screen should remain Black if you see the Apple logo DFU mode hasn’t worked and you will have to try the process again.

It should now allow you to restore your iPad .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.