You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera module making noise

I got the 13 pro max and noticed that the camera makes a clicking sound when you open the instagram stories camera you open the app first time after closing it.

The camera app has no such sound but the instagram stories get a 3 second delay with black screen with a tick sound. This only happens when you open it first time.

Anyone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 2:35 AM

6 replies

Nov 23, 2021 6:36 AM in response to Hammer92

Hello Hammer92,

We see that you need help with the Camera on your iPhone.

If this is only happening with one app, try the steps here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

If it sounds like the clicking is coming from the physical camera, you may need to have your device inspected for service. iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Cheers!

Nov 23, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Hammer92

One of my old Samsung tablets had a ticking sound like that. You had to listen for it, or be in a quiet room to hear it. How loud is this tick when you open the camera?

When I open the camera app on my iPad mini (5th gen) there is a VERY slight tick noise if I put it up to my ear. When I put my iPad to my ear, I also hear a buzzing, and I’ve pretty much narrowed it down the the processor, or the battery. After turning my iPad off, I’ll put it on the table next to me, and hear a big buzz come from it.

this shouldn’t be a problem, but if it is pretty loud, then you may want to return it and get a new one, or get it looked at by apple,

Nov 23, 2021 7:20 AM in response to AlexDaMan

Thanks for the Reply. Yes, I can hear hissing/buzzing sound coming from the camera module. The ticking sound is only present in instagram stories and buzzing is consistent when you open the camera. But as you said, it’s very difficult to hear the noise. You have to sit in quiet environment to hear it. It could be the processor or the camera. But the functionality is all okay for now.

Camera module making noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.