You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot add a new Google account in my calendar application

I am iMac macOS Big Sur version 11.6.1

When I try to add a new google account in Calendar my screen goes to (see screen shot). It would appear to allow me to add, say, a Yahoo account but not google.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:23 AM in response to JohnCrooks

Hey JohnCrooks,

It appears that you're having a problem adding your Gmail account to the Calendar app, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Use your internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support -- Instead of adding your Gmail account directly to the Calendar app, we recommend adding the account to Apple Menu  > System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Once it's been added, you can select which services you'd like to use it for on your Mac.

Set up iCloud features on Mac - Apple Support -- If your Gmail account also serves as your Apple ID, you can go to Apple Menu  > System Preferences > iCloud, and turn on the Calendar there.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

I cannot add a new Google account in my calendar application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.