You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deafaut output speakers for apple TV

I would much much apreciate if i could setup the default speaker for my 4K apple TV my external Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A9 . Is really stupid all the time when i open apple TV ( linked with an LG TV) to setup the speaker to my B&O external speaker ( i need to spend about 30 seconds all the time when tv is opened, to go to menu , to choose external speaker instead of default apple ones bla bla) , there is no option in apple TV to choose a default speaker other then TV or ( not sure , homepod), is it any logic for us the users to do that daily instead of having the option to choose a default speaker other the apple tv or homepod ? is it any chance to change this in the future ? or please , Apple, produse speakers as goos and the b&o ones and then i would have no problem..

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 10:41 AM

A TV or external speaker connected to it will automatically be set as default. It is only when using HomePod that you have the choice to set as default.

When setting up HomePod as default it is no longer using airplay and has a specific direct connection that is only made possible via the feature built into TVOS. 3rd party speakers can only use airplay and cannot take advantage of features that are specific to Apple hardware.

FYI: This is a user forum, you aren't addressing Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2021 10:41 AM in response to Fuia

A TV or external speaker connected to it will automatically be set as default. It is only when using HomePod that you have the choice to set as default.

When setting up HomePod as default it is no longer using airplay and has a specific direct connection that is only made possible via the feature built into TVOS. 3rd party speakers can only use airplay and cannot take advantage of features that are specific to Apple hardware.

FYI: This is a user forum, you aren't addressing Apple.

deafaut output speakers for apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.