You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get cpu 3 caller 0xffffff80040411e1error code then my Mac restarts

Since Monterey was released, I have received the error code after my Mac restarts on it's own. Does anybody have any possible fixes? Should I roll back to BigSur and await the next Monterey update before updating again?

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff80040411e1): AMDFramebufferVIB::setPowerState(0xffffff92ac805000 : 0xffffff7f9bd6d8a8, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45557 ms @IOServicePM.cpp:5524

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 4:55 PM

You don't have any third-party kernel extensions loaded at the time of the panic, so that would tend to implicate hardware. You noted you don't have any external hardware, so it is likely something inside the Mac.

Since it may have something to do with the GPU and power, you can try an NVRAM reset and SMB Reset (instructions linked at end of NVRAM article).

If those don't resolve the panics, you can try reinstalling Monterey in case something didn't copy over.

If that doesn't resolve it, then take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center for evaluation. You can try reverting to Big Sur, instead. If it is actually a hardware problem, that likely won't help. But, it could be something in the Apple kernel extensions in Monterey, but that would be rare.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Frustrated-with-Monterey

You don't have any third-party kernel extensions loaded at the time of the panic, so that would tend to implicate hardware. You noted you don't have any external hardware, so it is likely something inside the Mac.

Since it may have something to do with the GPU and power, you can try an NVRAM reset and SMB Reset (instructions linked at end of NVRAM article).

If those don't resolve the panics, you can try reinstalling Monterey in case something didn't copy over.

If that doesn't resolve it, then take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center for evaluation. You can try reverting to Big Sur, instead. If it is actually a hardware problem, that likely won't help. But, it could be something in the Apple kernel extensions in Monterey, but that would be rare.

I get cpu 3 caller 0xffffff80040411e1error code then my Mac restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.