You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find privacy browsing in iPadOS 15.1 Safari

I’ve read all the instructions I can find, but my Safari does not match what they all refer to. My Safari looks exactly like the old Safari. The only difference is 4 boxes in upper right corner instead of two. Clicking on it just shows the open tabs, and the + to open a new tab, but no way to enter private mode. Clicking on the double AA has nothing about private mode. In Settings, Safari’s tab section has the Separate tab bar/compact selection, open in background, and close tabs. That’s all. Long press does nothing.

I’m at a loss any ideas?

iPad, 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 4:00 PM

The instructions you have received relate to iPadOS13/14. The method used to access Private Browsing has changed slightly in iPadOS15; the support page has yet to catch-up.

To access Private Browsing in iPadOS15, it is necessary to first summon the Safari Sidebar using the button at upper left of the screen [1] - and from the menu tap the Private toggle button [2].

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 4:00 PM in response to Craw1947

The instructions you have received relate to iPadOS13/14. The method used to access Private Browsing has changed slightly in iPadOS15; the support page has yet to catch-up.

To access Private Browsing in iPadOS15, it is necessary to first summon the Safari Sidebar using the button at upper left of the screen [1] - and from the menu tap the Private toggle button [2].

Can’t find privacy browsing in iPadOS 15.1 Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.