You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my AirPods Max randomly disconnect from my iPhone 13 Pro Max but not my MacBook Pro?

The disconnection happens when I move the AirPods, off my ear for example.

No, it's not just pausing, but fully disconnecting and then reconnecting to my iPhone. It doesn't do this when connected to my Mac though.

I've seen people have the same problem, whether with their iPhone or Mac. This is my variation of it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:12 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2021 7:39 AM in response to dmetuh

Hi there dmetuh,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with your AirPods disconnecting from your iPhone, and we'd like to share some resources that may help.

Get started here: If your AirPods won't connect

This page may also help: Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Specifically, take a look at the "Turn Automatic Ear Detection on or off" section.

Finally, check for any sources of interference: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

We hope this helps.

Why do my AirPods Max randomly disconnect from my iPhone 13 Pro Max but not my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.