You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch GPS Map not showing on Equestrian Sports Activities?

Hi all,

When I record an Equestrian Sports Activity on my apple watch through the native workout app, it doesn't track my route anymore. I have enabled location services on my watch itself and on my iPhone for the workouts and maps apps. This used to work in the past but doesn't anymore? Even more strangely, it still shows a map of my start point, but no distance metrics or route graphs. Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 5:43 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2021 8:12 AM in response to pcpc123

Hi pcpc123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with recording an activity on your Apple Watch. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Have you tried removing the custom workout and adding it back? The section "Add a workout" in the article here can assist: Workout types on Apple Watch

Also, if you haven't already test a normal restart of both your Apple Watch and paired iPhone.

Restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

We also recommend ensuring your Apple Watch is calibrated for the best measurements using the steps in both articles below.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Should the issue continue, reach out to Apple Support to further assist.

Cheers!

Apple Watch GPS Map not showing on Equestrian Sports Activities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.