You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photos

I changed my Apple ID password yesterday and have had some problems getting everything to work as it did before.

I can no longer view my Shared Photos on my imac. They show up on my iphone and ipad.

All my Shared Albums are there when I check "info" but I only see gray rectangles with a cloud in the lower right corner. My activity shows the activity and comments but not the photos...just gray rectangles.

I did try unchecking Shared Photos on my imac and then checking it again. I didn't reset my imac in between though.

I can see everything else (Library, Memories, People, etc., also My Albums) just not the Shared Albums.

On Photos, preferences, iCloud: I have iCloud Photos checked; Optimize Mac Storage selected; Shared Albums checked. Should I uncheck iCloud Photos? I think it was unchecked before and I checked it after I changed my password.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 9:42 AM

Checking/unchecking icloud will have started a complete new sync of your library.

What does the status say at the bottom of the all photos view?

I think your shared albums won't sync until the full library sync is complete.

Similar questions

2 replies

Shared Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.