You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus and whats app notifications from allowed only

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use focus so that I only receive what’s app notifications from specified people? It seems right now if I allow what’s app notifications every person gets through

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 3:36 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 26, 2021 3:09 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi Thank you for your offer of help it’s much appreciated. I’m using iOS 15.1 and what’s App 2.21.221.1 which I believe are the latest versions. I have undertaken 2 hard resets and replaced all apps and then restored back up chats. I’ve removed and restored what’s app several times and tried on/off etc many times. When I did the hard reset I restored data from iCloud back up. I’m really struggling now because it just don’t work. It seems that if I select any app I receive notifications from everyone not just the people I allow. Is it possible that iOS 15.1 is not recognising what’s app ad message app? I hope you can offer some tips for me and thank you in advance for reaching out to me. I’m up for trying anything.

Nov 25, 2021 1:06 PM in response to da652

Hi da652,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to set up Focus to allow notifications for WhatsApp for specific people, and we'd like to assist. We've noticed you've come from a helpful article for Focus:

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

It sounds as though Focus may not be working properly if you've added both people and the app. Have you restarted your device since this issue began? Do you have the latest version of iOS and WhatsApp?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

Focus and whats app notifications from allowed only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.