You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio when prev/ next frame tabbing?

Dear Community,

I recently upgraded to FCP 10.6.1. System macOS Monterey.

I like to edit with audio skimming off. I used to be able to tab left and right on my keyboard within a timeline and get sound. For example, when looking for the first frame of a beat in a music track.

When I do this now, there is no sound? Any ideas why this would suddenly stop?

I have tried everything. Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

ejhbarratt

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:59 AM

The way it works now is that this sound is only heard if audio skimming is turned on.

Some people like this change, others don't.

I personally like it, as I rarely want to hear that when going frame by frame. In the past I had to mute the whole sound of my computer just to avoid this.

At the moment, you have to Shift-S to turn audio skimming on, adjust, Shift-S to turn it off.

Ideally, there should be a user selectable preference.

All any of us users can do is make our voices heard via feedback: Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...

(Edit: the shortcut is Shift-S and not Control-S as I had written before)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2021 8:59 AM in response to ejhbarratt

The way it works now is that this sound is only heard if audio skimming is turned on.

Some people like this change, others don't.

I personally like it, as I rarely want to hear that when going frame by frame. In the past I had to mute the whole sound of my computer just to avoid this.

At the moment, you have to Shift-S to turn audio skimming on, adjust, Shift-S to turn it off.

Ideally, there should be a user selectable preference.

All any of us users can do is make our voices heard via feedback: Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...

(Edit: the shortcut is Shift-S and not Control-S as I had written before)

No audio when prev/ next frame tabbing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.